Friday, June 29, 2007

iPod Shuffle

So I've seen a number of people do a post where they set their iPod or iTunes to random and list the first 15 songs that come up. I'm joining the fun now with my iTunes (since the iPod is downstairs and I'm feeling too lazy to actually go get it right now).
1. The Color Green [Gloris in Excelsis] - Rich Mullins
A good start... you can't go wrong with Rich.
2. Heaven Heals - The Normals
This is quite possibly the least pathetic or bitter break-up song I've ever heard.
3. I Need Somebody - Chagall Guevara
Steve Taylor during his exile from CCM.
4. Just Missed the Train - Kelly Clarkson
What a voice... she's still my American Idol.
5. My Friend (So Long) - dc Talk
How much longer will their sabbatical last?
6. World Without End - Five Iron Frenzy
I wish they were still together.
7. Birdland - Buddy Rich Big Band
Great pep band memories from high school.
8. Down with the Ship - Seven Day Jesus
An under-appreciated CCM band with positive high school memories for me.
9. To Be Myself Completely - Belle and Sebastian
I really like most everything I've heard by these guys. They're definitely worth checking out.
10. Believe Me Now - Steven Curtis Chapman
How is this working out that so many artists with significance in my life (that I haven't listened to in awhile) are showing up on this list?
11. On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy
The first repeat band, but not a bad one for sure.
12. The Remedy (I Won't Worry) - Jason Mraz
What a fun song... I'll always associate this with the summer after graduating from college and the reminder it served!
13. Grains of Sand - Sarah Masen
My favorite female vocalist of all-time finally shows up! I was getting nervous.
14. Fade to Grey - Jars of Clay
Who (besides me) thinks that Much Afraid was quite possibly their best album??
15. Will You Be Mine - Big Tent Revival
Good ol' Steve Wiggins!

This worked out pretty well, if I may say so myself. I'm sorta surprised that Sixpence didn't show up at all on this, nor did anything from any musicals, but that's the way it works out sometimes. If you haven't done this yet, do it.

As far as the rest of life, my German class finished today. I'll do my final translation over the weekend and then it'll be done. I will be able to focus primarily on reading for my comprehensive exams, while also working on my paper on Harry Potter and Personal Identity. I think the title may end up being "Will the real Harry Potter please stand up?", but we'll see if the papers comes together in a way that it makes sense for the paper to have that title. Also, on Monday evening, we fly out of Dallas to go to Tennessee for family vacation. We're returning to the same area we honeymooned not even 11 months ago, so we're definitely looking forward to that. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll get a chance to post something profound.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joel. Just dropped by to say hi. (this is Yoder, not sure if it'll show up or not on your thing). I know you don't "do" xanga anymore, but we've got some pics up of Isabella in the photo section if you wanna check 'em out.

Also, let me know when you are going to be in the area again. Miss ya big guy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, just figured you knew a lot of Yoder's so....this is Matt. :)

Lisa Joy said...

I would have been terribly disappointed if neither a Rich song or an SCC song would have come up on your list. Glad to know you haven't changed TOO much! :) It makes me feel good.

Enjoy TN.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.